Our mission is to support the health and well-being of all families. We stand with Black, Indigenous, and all communities of color, and oppose racism in all its forms. We seek to promote anti-racist beliefs, programs, and policies. We are committed to working to end injustice so that all children can feel safe and free to dream.
Posts from the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Learn more about PC-CARE, a six-week program for caregivers and children together
Find a PCIT Provider near you by using our Provider Directory!
When learning coaching skills the trainee first learns to coach on a Level Two, labeling the parent’s verbalizations (especially PRIDE skills). But, if they are not reliable coders, they won’t recognize the different verbalization categories, or won’t remember quickly enough, so won’t be able to label them out loud for the parent. Read more
These recent findings were discussed on our LinkedIn professional discussion group by our Head of Clinical Research and PCIT Training Program Manager, Dr. Susan Timmer:
In 1987, Bruce Joyce and Beverly Showers released the findings on the effectiveness of changing practice (these were teachers) resulting from various modes of training and followup support. This information has become the prime mover behind the increase in what is known now as instructional coaching. The following summary of Joyce and Showers’ findings are dramatic!
The research on the need for coaching:
• 5% of learners will transfer a new skill into their practice as a result of learning a theory
• 10% of learners will transfer a new skill into their practice as a result of learning a theory and seeing it demonstrated
• 20% of learners will transfer a new skill into their practice as a result of theory, demonstration, and practice during the training
• 25% of learners will transfer a new skill into their practice as a result of theory, demonstration, practice, and corrective feedback during the training
• 90% of learners will transfer a new skill into their practice as a result of theory, demonstration, practice, and corrective feedback during the training — when it is followed up with job-embedded coaching
January 8th, 2013
Welcome to the new and improved UC Davis PCIT Training Center website!
As a community of PCIT researchers, therapists, and administrators, we have seen tremendous growth during the last decade. PCIT has been implemented with children and families of different cultures within the United States and those in several foreign countries. We have seen new and innovative PCIT programs, and modifications to meet the needs of the children and families we serve. In addition, the strategies to train new PCIT therapists are becoming more sophisticated and effective.
A free, 10-hour, 11-module web course to provide fundamental information about providing PCIT.
Enter your PCIT logs and keep track of your client progress!